Here’s a recipe I came up with a couple weeks ago. It sounds weird, but it’s yummy (if you like sauerkraut).
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp dry yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- ~1/8 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup sauerkraut (preferably the kind that is still “alive” and made via lacto-fermentation, not with vinegar) – drained/squeezed so it’s not super “wet”
- a little bit of coconut or palm (or your favorite) oil – enough to cover the bottom of the pan
- omelet pan
- Whisk egg in a bowl
- Heat oil in omelet pan on med-low heat (I put my dial on 3 out of 10)
- Pour egg into pan, let set for a few seconds, then swirl around to cover the bottom of the pan
- Sprinkle the mustard, tumeric, and salt evenly over the egg
- Cover the pan and cook 3-4 min
- Flip over and brown on the other side (about 1 min covered)
- Put on a plate, put sauerkraut down the middle and roll up into a burrito
- Pick it up and enjoy!
If you want to get crazy, sprinkle a few caraway seeds (not too many – they have a strong taste!) on the egg when you add the mustard and tumeric. That’s also delish!
I put a range for the amount of sauerkraut because how much you use will depend on what size omelet pan you use and how fat you want your burrito. 🙂 I love sauerkraut so I go for the max amount that one flat egg can hold and still wrap all the way around so I can pick it up like a burrito.
- Fermentation – Sauerkraut (kitchenwithoutborders.wordpress.com)
One thought on “Sauerkraut Burrito”
Hmmmm…not sure how egg and sauerkraut would taste to me!!?? But if it’s good for you and Yummy, enjoy 🙂