I mentioned on my About Jen page that I follow the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). I am NOT an expert on this diet and I’m not going to pretend to be. I’m also not an expert on digestive issues. Luckily, I don’t have Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis. My doctor did VERY little testing on me before diagnosing IBS, so I haven’t been through the years and years of testing that others have experienced. I have had issues for years and years, but I just always thought they were “normal” (who talks about their digestion at work or at social events?) and it was nothing that landed me in the hospital.
I do read a lot and I think that even people who haven’t been diagnosed with a digestive disorder can benefit from the knowledge contained in Breaking the Vicious Cycle. That’s my reason for including “share recipes and information about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet” as one of the goals of this site.
Everyone finds the SCD through a different path, and if you’ve found it through me, I want to point you to some books and sites that may help your journey. Please remember that I am not a doctor or a nutritionist and you should consult your own advisers, etc etc etc. In other words, I am not responsible for anything that happens to you as a result of acting on anything you find on this site. 🙂
SCD & Semi-SCD Recipes
- Breaking the Vicious Cycle web site – the “bible” of the SCD – has some recipes
- Pecanbread.com – really good for kids & SCD
- Recipes for the SCD – book by
- The author also maintains a database of SCD recipes submitted by others
- Grain Free Gourmet and Everyday Grain Free Gourmet – books by by Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass
- They also have a Resources page with links
- Jodi has a company called JK Gourmet that sells grain-free foods
- Eat Well Feel Well – book by Kendall Conrad
- Elana’s Pantry – tons of fantastic recipes online + 2 cookbooks. Many of her baked goods recipes are not SCD-legal as written, but only require using honey where she lists agave (1:1) to make them SCD-legal.
- Lucy’s Kitchen Shop – I have not ordered anything from this site (yet?), but “everyone” recommends this site.